The Pentecostal Ministerial Alliance
A large constituency of white ministers met in October, 1924 during the ninth annual convention of the Pentecostal Assemblies of the World, and took steps to form a new all white organization. A special conference was to be held later to set up the organization. According to T.C. Davis, the first editor of the Apostolic Herald (the new organization’s official voice), the work of organizing was not completed until a second meeting, held in St. Louis. This was the first General Assembly of the movement, and it began November 3, 1925. In the 1924 Chicago meeting, the ministers had voted to call the new organization the Apostolic Churches of Jesus Christ, only to find out that W.H. Whittington had already incorporated and chartered another group under that name. The General Board then passed a resolution changing the name to the Pentecostal Ministerial Alliance. When the (PMA) was organized in February, 1925, L.C. Hall became its first Chairman, and Howard A. Goss its first General Secretary.